Thursday, October 29, 2009

Demonic Language

Thursday, October 29, 2009
Seen the movie Constantine? Its not that groundbreaking a movie or anything but it is still good for killing time. That's why I got a DVD copy and watched it again. Beware of the subtitle though.

Minutes into the film, a lady is possessed by a demon soldier and nobody is more qualified for the job of helping the poor victim than our hero Constantine, John Constantine. It's his habit to introduce himself first before doing what he does best - sending demons back to hell!

In the scene where he introduced himself to the demon possessing the poor lady victim, the dialogue went this way:

Constantine: This is Constantine... John Constantine, asshole.
Possessed lady: Papatayin natin sila.

Yep. It's in Filipino. Unlike the time when I watched the movie in the big screen during its theatrical run, that line did not surprise me as I saw it coming. But what caught my attention was the subtitle when the possessed lady uttered that line. I hope its not the official subtitle. Here's a screen capture:






Apparently I am fluent in demonic language. T_T

3 comments:

AJ said...

I'm now proud to be a Filipino. :D

emcfacky said...

Hehehehehehe.... They're degrading our national language....

Jasmine said...

Job Interview.

Employer: What are your skills?

Me: I can wax floors, eat bubog and oh, I speak the language of Hell.

Wow, kung di pa sila ma-impress diyan :)